Following a piercing:
- Leave for 24 hours, then continue to clean the piercing twice a day with a saline solution (salt water) until fully healed.
- Try not to disturb the scab and do not touch the piercing without first washing your hands.
- Do not remove or change the jewellery until fully healed.
Following a tongue piercing:
- Rinse with medicated mouthwash in the morning and evening, and with saline solution after eating and drinking.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol, if possible.
- Eat soft food and avoid hot or spicy meals.
- Do not kiss or perform oral sex during the healing period.
- Try to talk as little as possible.
During the healing process:
- Take anti-inflammatories or apply ice to help reduce the swelling.
- Take A-Z multivitamins, which can help to speed up healing.
- Do not use surgical spirit, hydrogen peroxide, Savlon, TCP or any other chemical wound wash as these are too harsh.
- Do not change the jewellery until fully healed. Healing times vary between different piercings – cartilage and navel piercings can take over a year to heal.
If any problems arise, please contact us immediately on 01273 739019. If the problem persists, seek medical advice.