At Intro, we take both hygiene and aftercare seriously. Which is why our customers leave with as much information as possible to ensure their tattoo heals successfully.
Following a tattoo:
- Leave the cling film on for a few hours after the tattoo.
- Wash the tattoo with warm water and mild soap 2–4 times a day. Pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a small amount of aftercare, we recommend Bepanthen, following each wash from the second morning onwards. Continue until the skin has healed, which can take between 1 and 3 weeks. We stock a range of aftercare products in our studio – just ask for further details.
- Do not use Vaseline, Savlon, perfumed moisturisers or any other wound cleaner as these products may damage your tattoo.
During the healing process, avoid:
- Swimming or soaking the tattoo in baths – have a shower instead.
- Picking, scratching or touching the tattoo with dirty hands.
- Tight, restrictive clothing that can rub against your tattoo (jumpers, jacket sleeves) or other accessories that may irritate, such as watches, jewellery and belts.
- Sunbathing or sunbeds. Once healed, always apply high-factor sunscreen if exposing your tattoo to sunshine.
- Spray tans.
Remember, not following these simple steps may result in infection, scarring, colour loss and discomfort. If you have any question or concerns, call us on 01273 739019 or visit our studio.